* CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR:
- THE LAST FANZINE ON THE LEFT, ISSUE 5 - RASPUTIN
- Deadline: Friday, December 18, 2020
- THE JOE BOB BRIGGS FANZINE, ISSUE 12 - WOLFCOP / HENRY: PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER
Deadline: Friday, January 8, 2020
- THE 'DROP YOUR LINEN' BLOG - https://dropyourlinen.blogspot.com/
(and issue number, if applicable) in the subject line.
*WHAT WE WANT:
- FAN LETTERS
- FAN PHOTOS
- FAN ART (Include attribution name and website info, if you'd like that included with artwork.)
- ARTICLES (send pitches and/or samples first.)
- INTERVIEWS (Please pitch interview ideas to editor before approaching subjects. Editor needs to see and approve all questions beforehand. Please be professional when making interview requests and maintain professionalism during interviews.)
- TRIVIA QUESTIONS (with verifiable answers) about Joe Bob and the films he's covered, or Henry, Ben, and Marcus, from The Last Podcast on the Left and the subjects they cover.
- CREATIVE IDEAS WELCOME! Send pitches to the respective email listed above.
A FEW NOTES FROM THE EDITOR REGARDING SUBMISSIONS AND PREFERRED STYLE:
- Writers should follow the journalistic standard, Associated Press style.
- I want it to be well-written and ready to print. Edit, edit, edit - make it tight and polished (Grammarly is a great free resource for checking your work).
- I suggest that you follow Joe Bob’s and Marcus' examples with regard to style. Everything they write is well-researched and written professionally, but they still have their own unique voices and insert their own brand of humor into their work. I want Fanzine contributors to write well, do their research, credit their sources, and to have a unique voice.
- Humor is always encouraged and welcome, but try to show respect to the source material. Joe Bob pokes fun at the films, but his respect and love for them always shows through. Henry, Ben, and Marcus destroy their subjects sometimes, but their fascination with them is always evident.
- I am most likely to accept journalistic pieces that are well-researched and tightly polished over more personal or editorialized pieces. I'm always happy to print personal fan letters in the fan section (and I do want those, so please keep them coming!) but articles really need to be less editorial. Joe Bob does his research and speaks with authority about whatever subject he's talking about. Marcus goes the extra mile into his research and comes to the table with all the information we could ever want to know about a subject. We should do the same!
CONTRIBUTOR COPIES and PAYMENTS:
- Article/Interview/Cover Art contributors receive a free contributor's copy mailed at publisher's expense.
- Some contributors will receive payment for their work. Payment amount and arrangements will be outlined before work is published. Payment will be made to contributor within 30 days of publication.